We all know that 2020 has been a trying year for certain! We have all learned to pivot, learned to make the best out of a tough situation, and most importantly, have learned to push through. Our business, like so many other small businesses, has felt the strain as well. Fortunately for us, we have a tribe of wonderful Center Stage dance families that have supported us whether in online classes or in returning to in-person classes. We have been in business for 17 years, and we won’t let a “little thing” like a global pandemic get in our way of continuing to enhance our dancers’ lives with the gift of dance.
For small business Saturday, I thought about all the ways that one can support their favorite small businesses for free. Of course, we love for you all to buy local whether that be dining at your favorite restaurant, getting a cup of coffee from your local coffee shop, shopping at a local boutique, or buying dance lessons at your local dance studio. In addition to buying local, you can show your support for your favorite businesses in ways that cost absolutely nothing!
- Leave a positive review on Google or Yelp. This can go a long way in helping a local business be found by new potential customers.
- Recommend the business on their Facebook page. This takes less than a minute. Go to their page, click on ‘Reviews’, click ‘Yes’ that you recommend, and then write a short reason why you recommend the place. In less than a minute, you have helped your favorite business a great deal!
- Offer shout outs on your personal Facebook page when you can. When you ‘check-in’ to a place and write something like “love the tacos here” or “love this dance studio”, you are providing that business a recommendation to all your friends and family. Small businesses LOVE shout outs!
- Word of mouth recommendations also go a long way in helping your favorite businesses. That might be in a conversation you have with a friend, or it can be done online in neighborhood groups asking for recommendations. We love our customers and love their continued support of our businesses.
Before writing this post, I took my own advice and left a few positive reviews for some of my favorite local places – Mojos, Jardin Corona, and Texas Taco Kitchen in Liberty Hill. I plan to leave more reviews more often. So for small business Saturday this year, I encourage you to take a few moments to help out your favorite places. I know they will appreciate it. We wish you all a happy holiday season!
- Voted Best Dance Studio in Leander and Cedar Park 10 years in a row!
- Providing quality dance training to the Leander, Cedar Park, and Liberty Hill area since 2004.