Take a look back on 2018 with us . . .
Happy New Year! A new year means new possibilities, new goals, and new friendships. We look forward to seeing what 2016 has in store for us at Center Stage. 2015 … Continue reading Leander Center Stage – 2015 in Review
With temperatures still in the 90s, we can’t quite tell that fall has rolled around. Fall brings cooler temperatures, new school years, pumpkin spice lattes, and most importantly, a new dance year!
The start of a new dance year brings exciting changes, opportunities, and a renewed love for dance. It’s not that we really lose our love for dance throughout the year, but by the end of the year the teachers and the students alike are really tired of hearing their recital or competition songs for the 100th or more time. Throughout the summer, the teachers search and search and then search some more to find the perfect song for each of their classes. They then begin thinking about choreography and costumes and creating their visions for the recital. As they get to know their dancers, they make adjustments to their choreography to make sure each dancer is feeling both confident and challenged. It’s exciting!
From our youngest to our oldest dancers, the new dance year brings opportunity for growth as a dancer as well as the opportunity to make new friends. We love watching our youngest dancers come into the studio with their pink tutus and huge smiles! We also love watching our older dancers hanging out with their dance friends in the lobby talking about what they did over the summer. We watch our new company dancers coming in with a bit of nervousness, but those nerves soon turn to smiles as they get to know the other dancers on their team. It’s exciting!
This year we have added new teachers as well as an office manager, Monica. You all will see Monica around the studio. She is looking forward to getting to know all of our Center Stage families. You will also see some new faces as we have added three new teachers – Cornesha, Alissa, and Emma. These ladies are all excited to be a part of the Center Stage family. You can read a little more about their backgrounds on our website.
We thank you all for choosing Center Stage! We look forward to a great new dance year together (and cooler temperatures too)!
Competition season is here! After all the time spent preparing for competition, it should be a fun, rewarding experience both for the dancers and the parents. One way to help … Continue reading How to Pack a Competition Dance Bag
It’s been quiet on the blog lately. We have been really busy getting all settled into our new dance home. We finished up the studio and passed all our inspections in just the nick of time. You know how they rush around to make all the final touch ups on those home improvement shows. Well, it was exactly like that. My husband and I along with friends and family spent many long days and late nights in the studio getting it ready to open on time. Somehow, to our surprise, we did open on time! We had a wonderful open house celebration, and then our doors opened in September to all of our amazing dance families.
Halloween at the studio was a lot of fun. Students and teachers came dressed in costumes. It was a fun week seeing all of our dancers come to class in all of their cute costumes.
Some of our competition teams performed at the Living Leander Expo at the end of November. We love having a chance to perform for our community. This was their first performance of the year. They are looking forward to performing their dances several more times as competition season is approaching.
In December, we hosted a Tumbling Toy Drive to collect toys for A World for Children foster/adoption agency. Our students brought wonderful toys to donate. Then we had fun working on tumbling skills. It was a fun event, and we collected a lot of toys to donate.
The new studio is definitely starting to feel like “home”. When you walk in, you can see students hanging out together in the lobby waiting for class to start or gathering on the front porch on nice days after class. You can see parents talking in the hallway as they watch their children in class. And, of course, you can see lots of dancing going on in the dance studio rooms. A feel of energy and community and friendship has already found its way into the walls. Yes, we most definitely are loving our new dance home.
Voted Best Dance Studio in Cedar Park/Leander!
Providing quality dance classes to the Leander/Cedar Park/Liberty Hill area since 2004
If you spend any time on Facebook, you have surely come across the 30 days of Thanksgiving posts. Each day of November, you post something for which you are thankful. It is such a beautiful thing to stop and take the time to be thankful for all the gifts we have and all the special people in our lives. I love that about Thanksgiving and this time of year. It’s a time to slow down and reflect in a busy world that often seems to be moving faster than we would like.
As we give thanks this year, I thought it would be nice to hear for what our Center Stage families, students, and teachers are thankful because all those hurried days of shuffling your kids into the studio doors after a stressful day at work and in between taking your other kids to their activities mean more than you may realize. Your kids don’t always say it, but we all know by the smiles on their faces as they enter the dance studio that they are thankful for YOU!
Here is our Center Stage version of 30 Days of Thankfulness with contributions from our wonderful dance families, students, and teachers.
(from the parents)
1. “I’m thankful for how much my daughter, Avery, enjoys her hip hop class with Ms. Tori…she always is so excited to show me what she learned!” – Sherry Robinson
2. “I am thankful for having discovered Center Stage and being able to combine all of my Cienna’s classes to one location , not only for convenience but cost effectiveness! She gets to take dance , tumble and be in a cheer company for less than half the cost of having to be registered at several different locations , not to mention , it feels like a family here at Center Stage, happy holidays to all!” – Cindy Zajicek
3. “I’m thankful for such a kind and patient teacher such as Ms. Eve! My 2 year old daughter, Ava, looks forward to dance class every week!” – Colleen Early
4. “I am thankful for this dance studio and all the teachers. I love that my daughter and grandkids get to come there. I love going to watch them and all the other little cuties in the recitals. The costumes are so cute! I would recommend anyone with a little child or even a mommy to come join your group!” – Cindy Christopher-Scoby
5. “I am thankful for the wonderful teachers that my girls have had. We really love Miss Megan and her passion for dance is contagious.” – Kathy Morriss
6. “I am grateful for the wonderful teachers at Center Stage who have taught my children so much and reminded myself of the joy and love we have for dance.” – Stephanie Faure
7. “I am thankful for Eve as a teacher. She has the patience of a saint. Thank you Center Stage and Eve for being great for Ashlyn. She lives to dance and we love your dance studio. You all are great. Couldn’t ask for a better place.” – Donna D’Ambrose Calkins
(from the students)
8. “Kyran absolutely loves this studio so much she wants to go on days she doesn’t have class just to hang out and watch. ” – Michael Botello
9. “Deborah says that she’s thankful for her teachers Miss Tori and Miss Megan and that they’re really nice and that she’s able to have her birthday party at Center Stage diva style!” – Beth Madden
10. “Alessa says she’s thankful for singing!” – Julie Kimball (I guess she must like to sing in her dance class.)
11. “Kennedi is thankful for her teacher Ms. Eve. She has even named some of her new stuffed animals Eve and has decided to name her Elf On The Shelf “EVIE” – Alicia Fletcher (This is one of my favorite responses because you can’t get a much higher honor than that! So cute!)
12. “Bella- Miss Megan is a great teacher because she makes my weakness be my strength! Sophia- Miss Michelle is great because she is a great teacher and helps me grow as a dancer! Francis girls- Miss Tori is a great teacher because she makes us be the best that we can be and she’s an amazing singer! Bebe- Miss Megan is a great teacher because she taught me to kick the rock and squish the bug!” – Grissel Francis
(from the teachers)
13. “I am so thankful for being able to teach all of my students! Not only are they fun to teach, but each time they come to class eager to learn, I am reminded why I love teaching!” – Ms. Ally
14. “This year, I am thankful for the traditions of dance. From dancing with my new husband during our first dance, to dancing with my Daddy as he gave me away. Plus, on our honeymoon we are going to experience another dance tradition: The Nutcracker Ballet, as performed by the New York City Ballet.” – Ms. Tori
15. “I am thankful for being able to teach dance. I get to do what I love every single day. I love hearing from my studnets that they want to be dance teachers or dancers when they grown up.” – Ms. Megan
16. “I love the energy my students bring to class. Their positive energy and smiles are contagious. I love seeing the pride they have when they know they have done a great job too. I am thankful that teaching my students is so rewarding.” – Ms. Bridget
17. “I’m thankful for all the joy I receive from teaching my students. My students smiles warm my heart, and I’m thankful for the opportunity to share my love for dance with them.” – Ms. Eve
These are all of the responses we received on our Facebook page. Thank you all for sharing. That leaves me with 13 more things for which to be grateful; that won’t be hard. I could write pages!
18. I’m thankful that the studio has experienced so much growth since we first opened our doors almost 10 years ago.
19. I’m thankful for the positive energy that all our Center Stage families bring into the studio.
20. I’m thankful that all of you refer your friends and family to us. It really is such an honor.
21. We are truly blessed to have such amazing teachers. I am thankful for their passion.
22. I give thanks to all of the lovely ladies who work behind the desk. They always go above and beyond to help me.
23. I am thankful to get to do what I love.
24. I am thankful costumes are so much cuter now than when I was a kid. Enough said. Those who danced as kids know what I’m talking about.
25. One of my favorite parts of teaching is seeing when something you have been telling a dancer “clicks,” and you know they “get it.” I am thankful for those moments.
26. I am thankful for those moments of pride when I watch my students perform their best whether it be in class or on stage.
27. I’m thankful for costume week (the week we pass out all the recital costumes). The kids’ faces light up like it’s Christmas morning, and it’s so much fun to watch!
28. I’m thankful for the recital because I know the students love dancing on stage and showing their families what they have learned. Okay, let’s be honest, I’m just a bit more thankful when the recital is over. Whew!
29. I’m thankful for our students’ dedication to dance. Congrats to all our dancers who are about to get their very first pair of pointe shoes!
30. One of my favorite things about having a dance studio is watching these sweet ballerinas grow into lovely young women over the years. We are all thankful to be part of their lives.
From all of us at Center Stage, we wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!